- We will only ever hold the minimum amount of personal information and that is relevant to your Thompson's Packaging Ltd account.
- We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- We will not give personal details to any third party except:
- If required by law or for legal proceedings
- When giving aggregate stats to third parties (although these will not include personal details).
- We will transmit credit/debit card information to the appropriate company when processing the payment.
- We may provide personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or professional advisers or our website host delivery providers (name and address only in the latter).
- We will only hold personal information for the following reasons:
- To aide our administration, sales, marketing & product development processes.
- We will hold payment information to allow new & repeat orders.
- We may use this information to contact you by letter, e-mail, fax or telephone.
- We may also use this information to update the functionality of the site.
- Please inform us via the website or phone if you do not wish to be contacted.
- We will not hold any details for longer than necessary.
- We will protect your privacy by:
- Processing personal information in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection.
- Implementing strict security procedures covering storage and transfer of data.
- We will ask for personal information before disclosing any account details.
- All computer, electronic and hard copies will be held at the Thompson's Packaging Ltd office.
- This site may contain links to sites of interest to our customers. We do not take responsibility for the privacy practises of other websites. We suggest you read the policy for each site.
- Submission of personal information is made at the customer's own risk.
- The customer is entitled to request all the information we hold about them free of charge.
- If we are requested to update your personal information by yourselves, we may retain a copy of previous details for our records.
GDPR Update Notice
What information does Thompsons Packaging Ltd collect?
When you contact Thompsons Packaging Ltd to conduct business with us we will collect personal information from you including:
For Customers & Suppliers
- Contact Name
- Business Names
- Company Registration Number
- Registered Address
- Delivery Addresses
- Invoice Addresses
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Bank Details
We may collect the following information:
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
If your business is directed with Thompsons Packaging Ltd through one of our ecommerce platforms, then we record the IP address of your computer.
If you contact us for product or account support, we keep a record of the correspondence between us so that that we can refer to it in the future and provide better support to you. If you do this by telephone call, we will keep a recording of that call for 30 days, including the number that you called from.
None of this data is sold and is only used by Thompsons Packaging Ltd to fulfil orders and maintain business relationships.
Why does Thompsons Packaging Ltd collect this information?
Contact details are collected when you make a payment to detect fraudulent card use.
We will use your contact details in cases where we need to contact you in connection with your account, for instance if you have a payment to make, if we identify an issue with your account that we need to speak to you about, or if there are any changes to your account that we need to tell you about. We also use them to establish account ownership and prevent fraudulent access to your account.
As an established customer we will also use your email address to keep you up to date with our products and services. You can opt out of this from your account control panel on our ecommerce platform, or via the email GDPR@thompsonspkg.co.uk if you choose.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who does Thompsons Packaging Ltd share my information with?
When making a payment, we will share your card and contact information with our payment provider. In turn, they will share information with your card provider (eg. your bank). We do not keep a record of your card data to ensure we are PCI compliant.
If you buy a product or service from Thompsons Packaging Ltd that is provided directly from a third-party partner under white label service, we will pass on your details to fulfil the contract. This data is confidential and will not be used beyond the scope of fulfilling the transaction by the partner.
We use a cookie placed on your computer to recognise you as a previous visitor to our website. This will also let us know if you’re already a customer and, if you choose, means that we don’t have to prompt you to log in again every time.
We include some resources from other providers on our website. As such they will be able to see some information about you.
For analysis of our website traffic, we use Google Analytics. Google will place a cookie on your computer for this purpose. We use their IP anonymisation feature to remove personally identifiable information from the data they hold.
What about my data rights?
You have the right to have us erase data that we hold about you. You can do this by emailing GDPR@thompsonspkg.co.uk . Note that we are separately required to keep financial records for up to 7 years so any invoices on your account will be retained even after your information has been erased.
You have the right to have us rectify any incorrect information we hold about you. You can update your personal information by contacting Thompsons Packaging Ltd.
You have the right to data portability. To request any information Thompsons Packaging Ltd hold on you please contact the company.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|